Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Jen & Anthony: Engagement Session!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This past Saturday I had the pleasure of working with Jen & Anthony who drove all the way from the Bay Area to do their engagement shoot! Their wedding isn't until next July 4th (Jen's fav holiday), but they have a fabulous engagement party scheduled for next month, so we decided to get some photo action in early! We met up in Ventura at the pier (after dodging Kevin Costner traffic and road closures - apparently he has a band now and was filming a concert.... odd...) and got going right away!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

They tried to tell me that were nervous about the shoot, but they totally had me fooled! Nothing but gorgeous natural smiles all day. These two are seriously adorable!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And PS - how fabulous is her adorable green dress?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Then we headed UNDER the pier - which is one of my favorite places to go with a pier. There's something so cool and intimate about it, even though there are still tons of people around.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Now normally, when we do a cute dipping shot, I have a quick chit-chat with the groom and it usually ends with a statement like "...and then dip her as far as you're comfortable". Normally that equals a few inches - a foot if I'm lucky. NOT ANTHONY. I think he said something to Jen like "I can't promise you won't get wet" and then went for it! Gotta love that!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After we walked back to the cars, we noticed that we could totally access this AWESOME railroad bridge. If you've ever driven up the 101 freeway towards Santa Barbara before, you can't miss it. It goes right over the freeway. I've ALWAYS thought it'd be awesome to shoot there, but never knew how to get to it. I was way excited to find out we were parked right next to the entrance, so we headed in there. I took a couple that I really loved there, so here they are!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After wrapping up at the Ventura Pier, we jumped back in the cars and headed to CSU Channel Islands, Athony's old alma mater. Now, before we go further, let me fill you in on a few tidbits of info about CSUCI. First off, and maybe I'm the only one who didn't know this, but not only is it NOT on the Channel Islands, it's not even close. It's not even near water. It's in a canyon. In a desert. Surrounded by mountains. Oh, some other info - the well that is up on one of the hills overlooking the campus is the same well used in that freaky movie "The Ring". And before it was a school, it was a mental hospital - the one the song "Hotel California" is about.

Ok, back to pictures. :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Btw, if you're noticing a green theme, it's because it's Jen's favorite color, their wedding color, and if you look at one of the first few pics, you can see her GORGEOUS emerald and diamond engagement ring. :) Fabulous.

I LOVED this hallway. I call it "The Hallway of Glory" because of that awesome skylight right at the end. It's like the perfect natural spotlight. Love it.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A little time in a beautiful courtyard. The architecture on the campus is really awesome.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

A little fun with herringbone brick. Why not?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Anthony is Lebanese so they had necklaces made with both "Jenifer" and "Anthony" in Arabic. Doesn't it look beautiful written out?

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

After enjoying the old school California architecture, we headed over to the modern library. :) I just love stairwells....

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Sunset at the library.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And of course this session ended like it started (and like most sessions do!) - with a bit of fun and teasing. ;) When Anthony says he's done, he's DONE!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

So that was a super-uber long post, but it's not my fault - it just happens when I get to work with a fantastic couple like Jen & Anthony! Best wishes to you both for your upcoming party and, of course, the wedding next summer! So excited!!!

~B


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! Bri!!!! I LOVE them! When do I get the slideshow?????????????????????

Unknown said...

Hi there. I'm Elissa, matron of honor, best friend of Jen and sis-in-law of Ant. these pics are FABULOUS!!! they truly capture the essence of these two perfectly. job well done! can't wait to see them all!

Unknown said...

Hi Bri! What a blessing it is to have you as Jenifer and Anthony's photographer! I know I'M thankful! You know how to make a mom cry with tears of JOY!! So enjoying the photos of J & A! (I can't stop using exclamation points because I'm so happy) ;) Thank you for capturing the love/laughter/fun this couple share together. You have done and AWESOME job. Can't wait to see more. There goes my photo budget!!!!!
Michelle - Jen (and Anthony's) mom

Jen said...

Hi Bri!

I don't know if you remember me from high school, but I absolutely love seeing your engagement sessions. I live in Ventura and my boyfriend lives in Santa Barbara, so whenever you shoot in those places, I feel a strong connection to your pictures. When my boyfriend and I get engaged, I'm going to have to give you a call! Good luck on your projects and your pregnancy!

Jen Huffman

Anonymous said...

Oh my I am in love with that first image Bri!

And the necklaces are so adorable! Love the pics!