Sunday, May 11, 2008

Gene & Emily: Wedding!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This past Saturday I had the privilege of shooting with the beautiful and talented Jessica Verma. We headed out to the hills overlooking Pasadena to an AMAZING home overlooking all of downtown Pasadena. The lighting was seriously stellar ALL DAY and the bride and groom were adorable. Gene had an uncanny ability to get Emily to laugh - especially when he asked if they could keep "practicing" their first kiss as husband and wife...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Look how adorably in love they are! I love it when couples can relax almost completely in front of the camera and enjoy each other's company. It means I get to see a lot of that "something special" between them. It was especially obvious with Gene & Emily.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The house was like a miniature Getty Museum (not even that miniature either - it was pretty huge) and fabulously modern. It also had very extensive and lush grounds. These were taken a a cute area off the west side of the estate.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This was one of the MANY amazing art pieces on the wall. Incidentally, this is also why I love my D300. Nikon glass is fantastic and the new sensor (with a few custom settings especially) has been producing the most vivid colors I've ever had straight out of camera. :-)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another art piece that caught my eye was the REAL Picasso in the entry way of the house. I had to take a shot of it. Especially since it was so different from what I normally think of when I hear the name Picasso.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Back to the cute couple. They were sharing a sweet moment over their sweetheart table.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I thought this mom and her son were so adorable. And you can tell where her son gets his hair from. :-) I love it when little kids have curly near-afros...

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Look who else showed up to the wedding (I'm not sure if this counts as some of the modern artwork, but they also had a Pac-Man room in the house too...)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Check out the view behind them. ;-) It was fabulous!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Another sweet moment during the ceremony

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

One final shot.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Congrats to Gene & Emily! It was a beautiful day!

~B

1 comment:

|| davidjay || said...

gorgeous work! Can't wait for those tacos! :)