Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Amari ::Kids Kouture::

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Meet super adorable cutie-patootie 4 year old Amari! I love doing Kids Kouture shoots - especially when I get to work with such fantastic people like Amari and his mom, Amani. Amari came prepared for his shoot too. He had three outfits and four toys all set to show me (not to mention his Taekwondo moves and some killer dance skills). We met up in Pasadena near the Rose Bowl and jumped right into it!

I try to encourage parents to help prepare their kids for shoots by hyping it in a positive way plus I ask that parents let their children bring a few items that they really like to "show off". It usually helps loosen kids up a little bit and it always makes for more enjoyable photos. I was excited to learn from Amani that Amari did really well for his school photo after his experience with me - I'd like to think that part of that comes down to just providing an enjoyable experience for kids to just be kids in front of a camera. Plus you get to see their real personalities come out - which is so much more fun. Check out what I mean about Amari's adorableness and some of the toys he decided to bring!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I had to show Amari the only cool move I knew.... crab walking. :) He was instantly a pro.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Amari is a total Laker's fan (a kid after my own heart!). His favorite player is Kobe - so this is his "Kobe face".
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Ahhh-Yaaah!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dance moves - no music necessary. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He had to show me his push-ups - he's gotten good at them in Taekwondo classes...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Just because he's cool.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Surveying his kingdom. :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Special thanks to Amari & Amani for letting me be a part of documenting such a cute time in Amari's life! It was truly a pleasure to work with you both - I hope to have the chance to do it again in the future!

No comments: