Friday, May 2, 2008

Renaissance Faire - YAO!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

"YAO" is a way of life. :-) It all started because of Steve. I seriously blame him. Every time he gets really excited (which is often) - ESPECIALLy about a great shot, he lets out this primal howl. Something like "YAOoooooooo!" and it's been totally infectious. By the end of the day when we were all down in LA, we were all letting out "Yao"'s along the way.

So though Steve was "Yao"-ing all day when we went to the Renaissance Faire, I was a little more frustrated. In fact, I thought about not blogging this trip at all - I didn't feel like I got anything blog-worthy at all - but I half-promised. So, here they are!

The Poxy Boggards (I believe):
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Washing Well Wenches:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Richard from "Sound & Fury" - one of my FAVORITE acting troupes (though they are not for young ears....like many things at the Faire)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

An unexpected (and funny) moment during their final number:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This dude had a great costume - it looked like he was ready to jump off a building and try to fly. ;-)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This is probably my favorite of the day - this woman was hilarious!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The Queen (Queen Elizabeth I):
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Only the costumes give away where this is for me. It's such a funny and "Old America" type shot.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Much better than I could do!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Haha! I wish I had had this when I was a drum major in high school or college:
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

This kiddo was hilarious - he LOVED the camera and practically attacked Steve before trying some horizontal vogue moves -
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And a colorful drumline shot. ;-)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ok, that's all. Wedding images from last weekend coming soon!

~B

1 comment:

Stephen Hernandez said...

Ok! so i totally forgot about those Fan-Tastic masks! you totally got some great shots there! I'm so glad that the way of Yao! is spreading ... I believe it says in the 3rd book of peter... Go forth and spread the Yao!...jusssst Kidddding...YAoOOOOOOOOO!

_Blessings

Stephen