Wednesday, May 14, 2008

My pDNA

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Every now and then, a tool comes along that I really fall in love with (or a pair of shoes, but that's for another blog...). For the past couple months, one of the tools that I've really come to appreciate and love is the "pDNA" test (photographer DNA) developed by my friend and mentor, Dane Sanders. It's a 200+ question test similar to a personality test, but for your photography and business.

I took my first test a few months ago and was surprised by some results - and not all together in a positive way. For example, check out my first "Grumpy Factor" results:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Ouch! Though I think at the time I took it that was extremely accurate. I spent too much time comparing my photos to others and letting my own value be determined outside of myself. Talk about a wake-up call! I have spent (and will continue to spend) some time in thought and prayer about this because, for me, it's a sign of deeper issues. So this has been a serious focus of mine since my "grumpiness" was put smack dab in front of me. I've been amazed at how much growing I've done in only a few months!

I have felt that I've been approaching things differently and finally, after some serious good times lately, I decided to just go ahead and see if it showed up as much as I thought it did. Check out my results this time!
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

WOOT! This is HUGE for me so I'm extremely excited that my attitude has really been changing when it comes to my approach to photography. I am excited to continue fighting this fight and beat down the grumpies!

The whole pDNA test is a part of a larger entity known as the Fast Track Photographer. I know this has truly been a labor of love on Dane's part and he has been working extremely hard on this for a while now (the book is in production I hear!). If you are a photographer or are toying around with the idea of getting into photography, you really need to check this out!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And in case you're wondering, no, I'm not being paid to say this. ;-) Unfortunately for me, I'm not even a Founder (not for lack of wanting!!), but I do really believe in what Dane is trying to accomplish - and the pDNA tool is just one of the great things to come out of this so far! Check it out! As you can see from the photo above, there's also a pDNA link on the main Fast Track Photographer website.

That's all for tonight - more pics to come tomorrow. I'll also be rolling out some changes and specials coming your way so definitely check back for those. And don't forget that the Photoshop Basics (possibly changing that to "Photoshop UBER-Basics" get together at my place is THIS Saturday - email for directions if you're interested).

~B

2 comments:

Dane Sanders said...

Great unsolicited review! I'm honored!!

Anonymous said...

I really need to take the pDNA test as well, but since I'm considering foundership, (and can almost spring for it) ...I'm waiting on that a little, for now.

Glad to peek inside the process, though! Looks extremely useful.

=Matt=