Saturday, November 3, 2007

Saturday Mornings....

Most people who know me know that I'm not much of a morning person. Ok, so EVERYBODY who knows me knows that. What many people may not know is that I have a little saturday morning ritual. I get up at 6:45am, rain or shine. For reals.

And here's the thing - I actually like it. Not the waking up part or the being super tired part, but I actually like the early morning hours. I love that feeling that I'm up before the world. I love watching the sunrise while drinking my coffee. I love coffee. Coffee Coffee Coffee....

There's something about starting my mornings like this, even if it's only one day a week, that gives me perspective. How do mornings do that, anyway? There's something about it that makes me more optimistic and eager to start my day - like I'm excited in a calm way.

I'm not ready to commit to every morning like this yet, but maybe I'm getting there. Maybe come 2008 I'll commit to one more morning a week like this. Maybe. What are you doing that gets you energized?

1 comment:

Mellie said...

"What are you doing that gets you energized?"

That is a very good question that actually made me stop and think. Nothing! I dont do anything! I want to, Im just not energized enough to do it...sad argument I know! I need to find something! Thanks for the smack on the back of my head =)