Wednesday, February 21, 2007

My inspiration


I have a lot of people in my life that spur me on in some way. One of those in the photography realm is none other than Mr. David Jay.

DJ is like 26 (actually, I think he's 27 now) and is an extremely successful wedding photographer (and entrepenuer). His shots are amazing, to be sure, but that isn't what inspires me MOST about DJ. It's his spirit.

DJ is one of the first photographers I met that was really actually friendly. Imagine that. My own personal wedding photographer and colleague, Jessica Verma has always been super friendly and helpful, but until I came across DJ, she was the exception to the rule. DJ is one of those rare photographers that actually cares about improving the life and skills of other photographers. This has turned out to be an utterly radical concept in the photographic community. He inspires me to be a better person, a better businesswoman, and a better photographer as well as help others if I can. Thanks DJ! ;-)

What or who inspires you? Do they know it?

1 comment:

Matt said...

Brienne-
I kept wondering why this seemed familiar. I work with David Jay's dad at the church! He's our senior adults' pastor.

If you get bored...
http://vlahovichblog.blogspot.com

Also, I'm staying with Dick for 2 weeks for a Fuller summer intensive class in Pasadena. I'll be in town July 30-August 10... we need to get together!