Thursday, August 21, 2008

April & Steve ~ Wedding ~

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Last Saturday, August 9, I had the pleasure of working with Neil Vance from Pasadena. I hadn't worked with him (or his wonderful wife Gretchen) before, but I had a blast! I love working with new photographers and learning about their styles - I always learn something new. Neil also managed to book a FANTASTIC couple in April & Steve. They met at the Alta Dena Country Club (where they also held their reception) as lifeguards. In fact, many of the people in the wedding party also worked there. These two definitely had the vibe that only being together regular for a few years can bring. It made for some magical portraits too.

I got to start with the gentlemen before the wedding. We headed over to St. Francis High School where the groom and all 3 of his brothers attended. It was a gorgeous campus and it was cool to hear about all the changes that have taken place in the 15 years since Steve was there.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Actually, where the guys are walking above apparently used to be a pool. Crazy.

Steve had to take care of some last minute details (I think he was arranging the limo pickup at this particular moment), but it made for a funny candid shot. The other guys totally had to tease him.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Hanging out by the lockers...cuz they're THAT cool.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I loved the lights in the back of the church. It made it dark for shooting, but I loved the effect the light had on the mood as she was waiting to head down the isle.
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

My favorite shot during the ceremony
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And this would be the shot that I got snapped at by the coordinator for taking. It was an honest mistake, but goodness, I have NEVER been given the "church lady snap" during a ceremony before ever. Or frankly at all since I was like 5. At least it was a good photo. :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The cutie-patootie ring bearer. He thought this was what he was supposed to do when a camera was pointed at him. :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

And now for some DETAILS.... :)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Here's Neil getting his bouquet on. Schnazzy....
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

The beautiful couple
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Thanks again to Neil & Gretchen for bringing me along and best wishes to Steve & April!

~B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome locker shot! So much fun!