Friday, February 15, 2008

The Whirlwind - Part 3: Surreal

After driving home from Palm Springs on Saturday night, I crashed almost as soon as I got home. By this point I think I had only gotten a total of 4 hours of sleep for the previous 48 hours, so I crashed HARD. ;-) I had planned on going to church in the morning, but Chris Brown's words came to me as I lay there willing my alarm to shut up. It took me back to my APU days when he was the Campus Pastor and he said something to the effect of "Sometimes the most spiritual thing you can do is sleep." So with my body, mind and spirit in agreement, I slept in till 10am. ;-)

However, I still needed to travel back up to Santa Barbara - Kristen & Natalie were still stuck up there - so I got details from them, and started driving. Btw, if you want to see what they got to do on Saturday, check out Kristen, Jessica Claire, or David Jay's blogs - it was a pretty amazing day.

There is one photo of them that I LOVE (taken by Natalie too!) - here's the photographer troupe in all their Shootsac glory!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


After lunch with the whole crew (Crystal, Paul Rogers, David Jay, Jessica Claire, Amy Nave, Kristen Leigh, Natalie Poelma, and me), we headed up to DJ's AMAZING house. Kristen was interviewed for Freedom Club (she really did mean to mention you Sarah!) and I got to hang out with all the awesome people in the house. Not only that, now I have my very own Shootsac!!! I'm so so so excited - especially since it was Jessica Claire's personal one. ;-) lol.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


We even teamed up and made some hysterical video history while DJ was out picking up Allie. I don't want to spoil the fun though, so hopefully Paul will post it soon. ;-)

DJ's house has a view like you can't believe and it definitely is more impressive in person. We tried to take a picture in front of it, but it was right during afternoon sun and blew out the windows. Look at what a nerd I am! (PS - no one told me DJ is like 6'3" or something)

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And here's Crystal - DJ's wonderful, funny, and very resourceful assistant! :-)
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


It was pretty amazing and certainly a highlight for me in my photography life. I know that makes me sorta pathetic, but oh well! :-)

After we left DJ's house, Kristen, Natalie and I headed to the pier for some pictures. Our final photoshoot. Here are some of my favs:

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


And thus ends my Whirlwind Weekend blog series. I have more pictures to post up (including pics from a cute shoot Kristen did for us as new Homeowners!), but that about sums up the craziness before they flew back to Maryland.

And now - on to wish my husband and happy birthday!
*Muah!
~Brienne

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very good photos