Thursday, February 1, 2007

Kids Night Out


Okay, so I was cleaning out some of my files on my little Kodak point and shoot (I don't actually bring the D200 everywhere... well, I do, but I don't bring it out everywhere) and I found this awesome footage from the Dance-Off of the year. :o)

This year, us "kids" in the family decided to start a tradition of the "Kids Night Out" when we all get together. This year it happened while my oldest brother and his fiance were out from Philidelphia for Christmas. We all headed to Dave & Busters (my brothers, sister, almost sister-in-law, and my husband) and rocked the house.

At the end of the night, we decided to try one of those dance mix revolution games - why not? we're five white kids... ;-) So, not that I was completely shocked, but my oldest brother, the skinny one in the stripey shirt, pretty much whooped all of us. Nothing quite like getting to the end of the song and having the machine, in a rather loud fashion, tells you your "grade". Paul, my bro, would get "A" or "A+" every time.

Me? F. Though, I do think I got a D once. ;-)

At the end of the night, after having won a significant amount of tickets from a broken basketball game, and my husband showing a frightening skill for the little slot type machines, we saluted with a drink and purchased our first ever "Kids Night Out" trophy (a bart simpson doll wearing a D&B dog tag). It was pretty awesome, I have to say. I'm looking forward to the next time.

And Paul, I want a re-match. I've been practicing... ;o)

No comments: