Monday, October 13, 2008

Addicted. Hopelessly, utterly, & completely...

I thought I'd be the "strong one" in my group of friends. I thought, "Hey, I've read good books before". I thought it wouldn't hook me like it had so obviously hooked all of them.

So I was WAY wrong.

For those of you who have already succumbed to the literary crack known as The Twilight Saga, I sympathize with you. I read all 4 books in about a week (all 2500 pages or so). I even read the draft of the re-telling on the website. I couldn't put it down. My sleep suffered, my social life suffered, my editing life only survived because I had the audio book too to listen to while I was editing photos. I walked around looking much like the vampires in the story after no sun for a week and dark circles under my eyes from lack of sleep. And I was strangely ok with that. You can tell who is in the middle of Twilight by that special "Twilight Face" that shows up for anywhere from a week to a month. We're like a little club. Or maybe Coven is the better word...

Anyway, I was so excited that they decided to make a film out of the first book. I know it won't compare to the books, but something, ANYTHING that keeps this wonderful world from ending is welcome at this point. I haven't stooped to fan fiction yet, but the desperation is simmering... ;)

To see a sneak peak of the film, check out the trailer here:
Twilight HD Exclusive Trailer


To purchase the crack books, *click here* or visit pretty much ANY bookstore. Stephanie Meyer (the author) holds some impressive records for all four books in the New York Times Bestseller list. You will probably thank me if you read the books, but your family and friends might not... Of course, you could just do what I did and get them all hooked too. ;)

No comments: